Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Maddie's 9 Month Doctor Appointment

Maddie had her 9 month doctor appointment on Monday of this week. Maddie is doing just wonderfully; here are the stats:

Weight: 19.14 lbs (50-75%)
Length: 29" (90%)
Head: 18" (75-90%)

So, she's tall and thin... Hmmm.. where did she get that from??! She can now start eating just about everything that we eat, just broken up into smaller portions. This is good and bad for us: Good because I've been making all of her baby food - that's less special preparation for me. Bad because it's a MUCH MUCH messer process!!! Wow - we just started with Cheerios! There were Cheerios EVERYWHERE (table, floor, there were 2 in her diaper!) - and once a Cheerio gets a little bit wet, it becomes really sticky - they were stuck to her hands, to her shirt (yes, I should have taken that off), to the floor... it's all very exciting!

I had a friend tell me she remembered that there were no shots given during this appointment. Wow - so I was not prepared for this. They tested her blood to make sure she was getting enough iron, etc. So, they pricked her finger and had to fill a small vial with her blood. It just seemed to take forever to fill this little vial. Maddie was crying and squirming :( And when they finally got that all done, she got a shot :( Surprisingly, she didn't cry long after it was all done. And her blood was perfect! YEAH! She did so good (considering what she went through), we went to Kroger on the way home and I got her a balloon. I think that made it all better... Google is having a little problem, so I can't upload a video that I took when we got home. I'll upload it as soon as I can.

That's all for tonight!

No comments: