It's actually a longer story than just that though...
Maddie has been wanting to be outside all the time. I think I mentioned in my last post that our backyard is just a big adventure to her. Every opportunity she has, she's outside walking around the backyard, playing with rocks, playing with her ball, anything outside. On Friday after work, we spent a good amount of time playing with Maddie's ball in the backyard. We had a great time, but somehow Maddie managed to get a bunch of mosquito bites on her legs. I don't know if she's allergic to them or if she just scratched them a lot, but they got red and irritated. So, Kevin ground up some oatmeal so I could give Maddie a soothing oatmeal bath. Of course, in order for this to really do good, she's got to soak for about 15 to 20 minutes. Since getting a toddler to sit still in a bathtub for that long is a bit of a challenge, we pulled out her tub of foam letters and numbers, 62 pieces in all into the murkey water (it kinda reminded me of Galveston). 20 minutes into the bath, Maddie's tired of playing in the tub and she stands up. I'm getting her towel out, getting ready to pull her out, when she lets the big bomb drop!
Quick reaction! Pull her out ASAP! I yelled for help from Kevin; Maddie's crying, and move her to the sink to do a final rinse before wraping her in a towel! AAHHH!
Then, after puttin her into her PJs, I get to wash down the bathtub and all 62 of the foam letters and numbers! That took a while!
That was our exciting evening...
1 comment:
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! Ohhhh I've had to do that and it is NOT fun!! :)
Post a Comment