We got a Jeep and Kevin's really gotten into offroading:
Maddie broke her leg. It was pretty minor and apparently common with toddlers, so she got to wear a boot for a little while. She didn't let it slow her down either; she could still run, jump, and climb!
Our little Maddie turned 2!

Also on Maddie's birthday weekend, we met up with my parents at their camper. A couple good shots of my dad and Maddie.

And this shows something that happened while we were visiting with my parents at their camper, but this happens all the time! Before Maddie learned the words, "Down, please", she would just dive forward... well, this shows the progression. (BTW, I know the pictures are pretty small; if you want to see the bigger version, just click on the picture.)

We took a family trip to the park for Memorial Day. We had a little cookout and played with bubbles.

Maddie spent lots of time in the pool this summer. If it wasn't at the neighborhood pool, it was in the baby pool in the backyard. She LOVES to be in the water!

We had several incidents where Maddie got a hold of Mommy's camera. She knows how to turn it on and how to snap a shot. I walked out of the room for about a minute and came back to noticed something that looked like lightning! I ended up with a whole bunch of pictures just like this one.
We made the big step to convert Maddie from the crib to a toddler bed. Now, if we can just keep her IN the bed when we put her to bed...
Well, I think that brings you up to date with at least the highlights of the last 10 months... I still feel like I left a TON out! I'm tired now..
But, hold everything! There's one more thing that I need to tell you... Actually, I think most of everyone knows by now, I'm pregnant. We were very excited to learn a couple of months ago that our little Maddie will be a big sister. And today, we had the big nuchal scan doctor's appointment where they test for down syndrome and other things. At this appointment, they have a much better sonogram machine than what my regular doctor has so they can see much more... like whether it's a boy or girl. We were hoping the baby would cooperate and HE did! At least, the doctor feels 98% sure that it's a boy. It was really funny to watch; he is very very active in there... here's a couple of pictures to give you an idea of what all he was doing during our appointment today.

Here he is on his back...

Flipping over to his head...

And then flipping over so we can see that, yes, we're pretty darn sure that we've got a little boy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment