Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Yummy Sweet Potatoes!


Maddie got to try sweet potatoes for the first time this past weekend. She has liked everything she has tried so far, but I think this is her favorite. Check out the pics!

Every time she has gotten sweet potatoes, she leans in for more. And this time, she even grabbed the spoon! OK, so she hasn't figured out that you don't grab the fat round part that actually holds the food. Hey - its a step in the right direction. :)





It's amazing to me that she's already old enough for solid foods. It seems like just yesterday, she couldn't even hold her head up. And now, she's trying to hold her own spoon!

I'm having fun with this too. A friend got me a baby food processor at a baby shower and so I've been making all of her food for her. So far, it's really been surprisingly easy! I thought it was going to be this tedious job pureeing, then straining, bla bla bla... Well, turns out, not everything needs to be strained and I can make extra and freeze it for later. Which I'm glad about! We'll see how I feel about it when she's eating more than just one food, one time a day. Right now, I'm looking at what fruits we can introduce next!

No comments: